How to Achieve Stand-out at a Trade Show
From considering the space you need to picking the right team and how to follow up on leads, take a look at our handy guide for getting the most out of your exhibitions and trade shows.
- Consider the space you need – and how you will use it. Space is a significant expense in terms of budget, so ensure you think about what area you need.
- Make your stand enticing – a tiny space can still attract people if your stand is well presented and appealing. A well finished and thought-out stand reflects on your company’s credibility. The stand itself should look clean and professional and it should be clear what the company does without passers-by having to enquire. Ensure graphics can be read from a distance.
- Organisation is key – avoid blindly handing out literature and marketing collateral. Putting it at the back of your space makes your stand team think about engaging with visitors first, which is more likely to generate a lead or a sale.
- Only use tech where necessary – the purpose of a trade show is to generate business through face-to-face marketing, so don’t dehumanise the event by using too much technology.
- Pick the right team – Your staff can make a huge difference to the success of the event. Send positive, engaging people who understand and empathise with customer challenges, but also know when to close deals. Give them the right tools, establish the ground rules, and make sure you put the best people you have on your stand.
- Corporate clothing- Consider having the team in branded corporate clothing to get your brand out there and look professional.
Here at Mindvision, we can produce a wide range of smart and high-quality, branded corporate clothing items to add the finishing touch.
- Look interested- Sales reps who are sitting down look low-energy. Any lack of enthusiasm will translate into how their products are perceived by potential customers. Consider that every prospect passing by is a potential customer, and staff need to be at the edge of the stand, engaging with them in the aisle, to convert prospects to customers.
- Avoid distractions - Leave mobiles in the cupboard! The team are on the stand to connect with your customers. Anything that takes away from that, looks unprofessional and does not make best use of the engagement opportunities. Buyers remember the sales reps who spent time talking with them about what they were looking for.
- Organise your stand layout- A table at the front creates a barrier to customers. Aim to draw customers into the stand, rather than repelling them. The materials you use to inform potential customers about your offering, should be clear and engaging. The use of ‘freebies’ can be effective in enticing people in. Ensure the give-aways you use reflect well on your brand and are useful.
Talk to us; here at Mindvision, we can help you select give-aways that will enhance your brand.
- Tell people you’re exhibiting – if there’s no hype around your appearance your trade show could fall flat. Use marketing techniques such as social media and emails, both to create a build-up to the event and get people excited. Use pre- during and post-show marketing.
- Follow up on leads. Be prompt and relevant and make it personal. A good idea is to use the employee who generated the lead, not a member of the sales team. This gives the employee the opportunity to create a relationship with the potential customer.
Quote Request List
For Ideas or Inspiration...
Prosecco is perfect all year round, but especially delicious amongst the Christmas festivities. MOQ is just 6 bottles. It's always Prosecco O'clock somewhere in the world so let's raise a glass to that with our high quality, Bei Tempi Prosecco. Label printed in full colour as standard.
From £12.50 to £18.74 VIEW
ECO CHRISTMAS CRACKER:
Made From Recycled Newspaper. Choice of Newspaper. Fully Branded Message. Brandable Contents Available. Perfect Promotional Item. Minimum Quantity: 50.
From £2.50 to £4.99 VIEW
GLASS PROMOTIONAL BAUBLE:
Available in 6, 7 & 8cm Sizes. All Standard Matt or Shiny Colours Available. Can Pantone Matched Bauble. 1 Colour, 2 + Colour Logo, Print & Picture Print Available. Reverse Side Print Options. Not Just a Christmas Decoration. Ideal for Fundraising, Events, Brand Merchandise, Sales Promotion, Invitation or Anniversary. Minimum Quantity: 50.
From £1.25 to £2.49 VIEW
SCHMOOZIE FATHER CHRISTMAS FATHER CHRISTMAS SANTA:
Schmoozies® Father Christmas Father Christmas Santa. 7cm. Soft Plush with Anti Stress Bean Filling. Practical Microfibre Base to Clean Screens, Mobile Phones & Spectacles. Customise with 1c Print on Sewn in Ribbon. Minimum Quantities Apply.